Selecting three YouTube videos is the same as selecting only three of your favourite Instagram pages – hard. Nowadays we have access to so much content and so many sources of information that three videos out of billions could be called elite! Since we are talking about one of the biggest platforms there is, here are some interesting facts about YouTube:
1) The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23rd of April 2005.
2) 300 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
3) YouTube has over 30 million visitors per day.
4) 38% are female and 62% are male.
5) The numbers of hours people spent watching goes up 60& every single year which is the fastest growth the platform has seen in two years.
6) 20% of people will leave a video after watching 10 seconds of it, so for YouTube video creators it is pretty important to focus on delivering a good introduction.
Three videos of my top recommended:
1) “Experience the Underwater World Through the Eyes of a Free Diver | Short Film Showcase” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qM1IEhtNQ&t=73s)
It represents my fear of deep waters. This video only strengthens the feeling of mystery revolving around oceans and how little information we have about them. For free divers this video may not seem as scary and magical, but since the first time I watched it I haven’t stopped recommending it to people around me, so I thought I’d share it with you guys.
2) TIME LAPSE OF THE FUTURE: A Journey to the End of Time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA&t=40s )
For me this is a free lesson about how not to take yourself too seriously. The video is 30 minutes, but believe me, it is worth it! It is informative and entertaining at the same time. It represents our future from a scientific perspective, but it is explained in such a language which anyone can understand. This is knowledge that should be taught in every school. It really gives you the opportunity to distance yourself from everything materialistic for a moment and realise that your problems are actually smaller than you think.
3) Who is Jay Alvarrez? (<a href="https://ww